Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Big Fat Spring Break

On Monday, March 24th, the kids and I loaded up the car and hit the road to Montana. I dressed them brightly so I always knew where they were. It only took us 9.5 hours to make the 500 mile drive. That is almost a record for us! Even faster than when Bob & I would do the drive alone.

MONDAY:
Oranged up and ready to go!
TUESDAY:
Russell visited the barber shop. His hair grows so much faster than either of the girls. He got his first hair cut in December and already was in need of another!

Showing the shaggy.
Loaded up on the board. He did so well just sitting right up by himself.
What's going on? He kept trying to look at the barber.
Looking pretty dapper.
After we got home the girls "went to the farm" with Grandpa. It was COLD all week!
THURSDAY:
(Mom got pictures of Wednesday. If you're friends with her on FB, lucky you because you get to see my new haircut and Etta's.)

Thursday we went to preschool story time with Miss Debbie. It was a spring/rain theme - even though it had been trying to snow!

Getting ready to listen like a big kid.
Or maybe not. Bye!
Big kid!
I'll read to myself thank-you-very-much.
Here are some other times we have visited the library . . . Etta, Etta and (mostly) Mae, Etta & Mae.

After a nap we came back to town to watch Uncle coach some basketball. And play with the smart phone.
There's the button Uncle. Right there.
FRIDAY:

Ha ha! I'm a climber!
So big and proud!
We watched another basketball game. Same gym that I played junior high basketball in. Erik's a great coach. Loud.
We ended the day at The Club with a big birthday bash for the "28" birthdays. Russell 2/28, Erik 3/28, Etta 4/28. Ice cream cake and chicken strips for the kids. Russell ate more chicken than both girls combined. And didn't want any cake. Goes along with my pregnancy with him - no sweets for this kid I guess.
TUESDAY:

And now we're back. Getting back into the swing of being home and getting out the old "regular" toys. 
Rock on Mae!

No comments:

Post a Comment