Tuesday, January 7, 2014

First Hair Cut(s)!

On Friday, December 27th we went in to Fort Benton to have Kim Pimperton give Mae her first haircut. As Etta knows, Kim is the "only" person allowed to cut hair. (I can do bangs, but that is it!) We try to stick by that rule, and thankfully the kids have hair that can make it 6 months to a year (or 3 years and 4 months in Mae's case) without being cut.

Contrary to the pictures below Mae had been very excited for her first haircut. She had been excited for a few months. The days leading up to the hair cut. The night before at the sleep over at Uncle Erik's house. When we got in the car to GO to the haircut.

Not so much when we got there.

What? I'm three and I know what I want. 
Pretty determined face, yes? Although, if you know her very well, she's really trying hard not to smile at me right here.
Of course Mr. Smiles is happy to see the camera.
The bright cap didn't even help.
Nor did getting started with the cutting.
I said to her, "If you smile just one smile for me you can have a sucker after.
This was the smile she gave me.
Okay, maybe it's okay.

Russell ended up getting his first, full haircut just after this. At one day shy of ten months. He has much more hair than Etta or Mae had at that point. (Did they even have hair? Sheesh. And no, I didn't get a 10 month annibirthery pic of Russell. Poor guy.) I didn't really mean for it to be a full haircut. Pretty much even out his old man comb over. (As shown above.) But Kim is quick. And good. So now he looks like a little man. He sat on my lap and Bob was entertaining the girls so there is not photographic proof. But I can guarantee that he did not make any of the faces that Mae did!

No comments:

Post a Comment