Monday, August 12, 2013

3 or 13?

Conversation I had with Mae tonight.

(To set the mood: Etta & Mae had been playing "Going To a Concert" very well together. Bob was at a school board meeting. Russell was fed but getting restless.)

Emily: Time to take a bath.

Mae: I DON'T WANNA TAKE A BATH!!!

Emily: Well, it's time to take a bath. [Picked her up and carried her into the bedroom to get ready to go in the bathtub.]

Mae: I don't want you to live in this house anymore!

Emily: Mae, we talked about that. That's not a nice thing to say. Maybe I don't want YOU to live in this house any more. [Parenting not at it's finest.]

Mae: Fine. I DON'T WANNA LIVE IN THIS HOUSE ANYMORE!!!

[Said multiple times until I finally got her calmed down enough to understand what she was saying.]

Emily: What?

Mae: I don't wanna live in this house anymore. I want to live in my OWN house!

Three? Really?! She is only going to be three?

But then we talked about how she was sad because she and Etta couldn't play "Going to a Concert" anymore tonight but that they could play something else fun while taking a bath. Crisis averted.

No comments:

Post a Comment