Sunday, February 24, 2013

Grandpa's Extended Visit

Ten days with one picture? Sounds about like me. Grandpa Eddy was able to come and spend the last ten days with us. Bob and Erik headed to Portland on Valentine's Day at 6:00 a.m. for the All-Northwest music educator's conference. Dad came along for the ride and to help this very pregnant momma out. And to await Wicks Baby #3's arrival. Unfortunately for all of us, that part did not pan out. Grandpa left at 1:00 this afternoon and baby is still comfy in his current location. But the girls were very blessed to have Grandpa here for ten days of fun. And so was I! Don't know how I am going to handle having to get Mae in and out of the car by myself until baby comes. Or take her everywhere with me again instead of leaving her home. And have I mentioned that there are NO TEARS when Grandpa brushes hair? Yeah, I'm going to miss that too. And as sad as I am that he won't be at the hospital with us when baby arrives I am so happy that he was here - and will be able to come back.
The sun is in our eyes!! (Apparently 1:00 p.m. is not the best time of day for porch pics.)
Happy kids before Grandpa left. Not so happy after he drove away.



No comments:

Post a Comment